Sunday, March 9, 2008

Riley's Sweet Shiner


Last Friday Riley decided to take a forehead dive to the garage concrete floor. The floor won, but just barely. Her eye immediately swelled shut and there was little blood on her forehead where she actually hit the concrete. We were headed to dinner, which is a huge deal now with three kids, and Pete put Riley in the SUV without buckling her in. Nick's car seat was in the truck and Pete went to get it to put in the Toyota. Meanwhile Nick outside the car and Riley inside the car were playing and Pete came and opened the door (windows tinted and Pete couldn't see Riley standing and leaning against the door) and Riley fell 4 feet right on her forehead. Pete was a bumbling wreck and Court was calm and collected and eventually got us to the ER. She and Pete stayed the night in the hospital for monitoring and after two C-Scans they did find an L-shaped fracture on her forehead. Fortunately, no bleeding around the brain. Her eye has been swollen shut for a couple of days, and today, finally, she has been able to open it just a crack so she can return to being as energetic and rambunctious as ever. Nick makes her wear sunglasses in public. We are just waiting for Mattex to get his turn at a C-scan (we are 2 for 3). Our thanks to our family for their support in times of need like this. So far family of three? Piece of cake. We are looking to get a dog maybe, to fill up all of our free time.

4 comments:

Kevon and Megan said...

Wow! I heard what happened, I'm so glad Riley is ok, altough her eye looks pretty painful. We wish you could've come to the party, but don't worry we'll do it again. I vote we dress up like rock stars every weekend and just rotate the party to different houses =). Hope to see you guys soon, I still can't wait to see that baby, his pictures are so cute!

Churchhouse said...

Poor Ri Ri.......we are so glad that nothing serious came out of that accident. That is so scary when it is your own child. Mattex is such a cutie. I see Nick in him. Maybe we will see you all in a week or so. Like the new background........

Kim said...

Poor thing! I'm glad to hear she is doing better.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I heard what happened and my mom showed me the pics! That looks so sad. I am glad that she is ok though. My mom said that it makes her sick to look at the pictures. Hope everything is well with you guys. Want to see ya soon...p.s. Mattex is sooo cute! p.p.s. our blog is sunnyandnate.blogspot.